DescriptionImage of Our Lady of Consolation Home on Evans Road in Rooty Hill. On July 25th 1959 Our Lady of Consolation was officially opened and the residents moved from the inner city location in Surry Hills to Rooty Hill. In 1962–1963 the original buildings were extended to cater for up to 300 aged care residents.
Provided in the recollection of Mrs Dale to Mount Druitt Historical Society written by Margaret Lovely.
Mrs Dale lived in several homes in Rooty Hill and was a resident at Our Lady of Consolation at the time of the photograph. Mrs Dale was not referred to by first name but could be Ellen Dale (1901-1985) who came from England in 1919 and married Frederick Dale. She lived in Spencer Street, and then Blenheim Ave, Rooty Hill. She worked for the Ladies Auxiliary for the RSL, and received Life Membership of Women's Auxiliaries of Australia in 1961. Ellen Dale Reserve (Reserve 261), named in her honour, was officially gazetted on 25/09/1994 in Rooty Hill (North).Photo size11 x 9 cmDate1982Collationcol.DonorMount Druitt Historical Society IncReference no.020093SubjectsEllen DaleOur Lady of Consolation Home, Rooty Hill32 Evans Road, Rooty Hill