DescriptionImage of St John's Anglican Church, 115 Mount Druitt Road, taken from Joan Place. The church has a founding association with the Kennedy family who donated the land and funds for the church and lived at Howard Villa (15 Ropes Creek Road).
The church was opened on Saturday 11 November 1916, by John Wright, Archbishop of Sydney. The church was named St John after the apostle and evangelist. In 1985, the Presbyterian Church of Eastern Australia bought the property. The church is listed as a heritage item of local significance, according to the Blacktown Local Environment Plan (BLEP) of 1988 and 2015.
Provided in the recollection of Mrs Nell Cobcroft to Mount Druitt Historical Society written by Margaret Lovely.Photo size11 x 9 cmDate1982Collationcol.DonorMount Druitt Historical Society IncReference no.020092Subjects115 Mount Druitt Road, Mount DruittChurches, Mount DruittHeritage buildingsNell CobcroftPresbyterian Church of Eastern Australia, Mount DruittSt Johns Anglican Church, Mount Druitt